About Our Location
August 30, 2013 | By rhbs_admin |
The name of the Russian Hill neighborhood dates back to the Gold Rush era. Beginning in 1806, Russian naval and merchant ships frequently visited San Francisco. Early settlers discovered a small cemetery at the top of the hill for Russian sailors. The cemetery was later removed, but the name remains in memory of those early sailors to this day.