Current Job Openings at Russian Hill Bookstore:
Bookseller / Sales Associate : Part Time
Russian Hill Bookstore is searching for a dynamic individual who will play a central role in the daily operations of the store, and help the store’s growth and outreach in the community.
- Provide customers with an outstanding level of customer service by warmly greeting each customer, communicating and assisting customers with questions and orders.
- Efficient and accurate cashiering.
- All basic bookselling responsibilities, including title look-up, shelving, returns, receiving, mail orders, and operational duties
- Recover the sales floor during each shift, including, but not limited to picking up items, shelving books and product, straightening bookshelves and tables, restocking items, store housekeeping tasks as required.
- Protect company assets by adhering to all loss prevention standards and acting with integrity in all transactions.
- Other duties as assigned including, but not limited to receiving shipment, assisting with inventory, and restroom cleanliness.
Ideal candidates will have/be:
- Retail experience
- Analytical skills with attention to detail time management, and organizational skills
- Confident and personable
- Enjoy working in a retail environment and be able to provide first-class customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Must love books
- Able to lift at least 30 lbs and spend hours on your feet
- Computer skills and cash register skills
- Confidence to take action and accountability to results
- Strong communication, oral and written; an ability to listen and evolve; develop and participate in meaningful dialogue
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload.
- Job Requirements Core Competencies
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Previous retail sales experience preferred
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
Schedule: Part Time / 16-28 hours per week.
Availability for mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays to align with store needs
Compensation: Hourly Pay Rate for this position starts at $18.50 per hour.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us an email with your resume at: email@example.com , or drop by shop in person during regular business hours 10am – 8pm.
Russian Hill Bookstore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our bookstore serves a diverse community. You should have an appreciation and respect for people of all races, genders, sexual orientation, and socio-economic class. We strongly encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.