Selling Your Books
You can bring your books to the store when there is a buyer on duty or for large libraries you can request an in-home appointment. For more information on buying hours and house calls, please call the shop in advance 415-929-0997.
Depending on our on-hand inventory and what is currently selling in store the titles we purchase change over time.
Book buying hours vary, we recommend calling before bringing your books to sell. If you would like to send photos or a list of books you are interested in selling in advance, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are unable to guarantee over the phone or by email if we will purchase a particular volume, as we need to see the book in person in order to establish condition, but phone calls and emails can help narrow down which books to bring in.
Please note that we will not hold books overnight, so please call the shop in advance for buying hours.
What We Buy
- We buy second-hand books, comics, and vinyl records in good condition
- Books that fit with our offered categories such as: art, antiquarian, general and genre fiction, history, metaphysics, philosophy, science, unusual books and more
What We Do Not Buy
- Books that are regularly updated such as: travel guides, study prep guides, text books, older business books etc.
- Books with markings such as highlighting and underlining
- Books with considerable damage to condition
- We do not buy cds, dvds, or cassettes
For in store book sales we offer cash or trade credit depending on your preference. Trade credit may only be used towards used book purchases and is 50% higher than the cash value offered.
For house call book buys we do not offer cash but will pay you via check
Please note that used book trade slips can not be redeemed for their cash value at a future date.